Technology Professional Services.
We provide a dedicated pool of hard to find skilled resources. Our services range from solutions architects, developers, functional consultants, project/program managers , system administrators and a range of professionals from all technology areas.
Our services include short and long term assignments as well as turnkey remote services at our dedicated global delivery centers.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
About PSW Program
PSWs provide care, support and assistance to clients who are aging, chronically ill and/or have physical/mental disabilities. There’s never been a
better time than now to become a PSW and play a vital role in assisting clients and their families with the many tasks for which they require assistance.
What You Will Learn In The Classroom:
The PSW program is designed to teach you how to effectively provide care and assistance to clients and families in order to live fulfilling lives in their communities. As a student of this program, you will develop a broad range of abilities emphasizing value, sensitivity and respect for the individuality of each client. You will also have the opportunity to participate in cross disciplinary and/or inter-professional learning opportunities with other members of the care and service team.
What You Will Learn In The Labs:
The PSW program includes a full hands-on lab where students practice common tasks of a PSW such as: meal preparation, household management, aiding with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene, assisting with daily living activities and errands, administering medications, feeding, performing bedside and personal care, assisting with mobility, increasing the clients’ comfort and safety, communicating clearly and compassionately with clients, reporting accurately and performing light housekeeping duties.
PSW students will also complete two extern- ships in a workplace environment. The first consists of 200 hours under the direct supervision of a clinical instructor at a long-term care facility. The second consists of 110 hours of practical job experience in the community. Field experiences often lead directly to employment after graduation.
[PSW] – Personal Support Worker
1. PSW Foundations
2. Safety and Mobility
3. Body Systems
4. Assisting with Personal Hygiene
5. Abuse and Neglect
6. Household Management, Nutrition and Hydration
7. Care Planning, Restorative Care, Documentation, Working in the Community
8. Assisting the Family, Growth and Development
9. Assisting the Dying Person
10. Assisting with Medications
11. Cognitive and Mental Health Issues and Brain Injuries
12. Health Conditions
13. Clinical Placement (Facility)
14. Clinical Placement (Community)
Employment opportunities for students
After successfully completing the diploma program, students may have employment opportunities as:
1. Personal Support Worker (PSW)
2. Residential Support Worker
3. Personal Aides Live-in Caregiver
4. Personal Care Attendant
5. Child Care and Personal Support Worker
Why MLC College?
• International Student Program Designated Learning Institution
• Registered Private Career College under PCC Act 2005
• All our instructors are certified and/or have real world experience and/or have relevant university education and are well recognized and connected to the industry
• Curriculum include realworld projects
• Your tuition fees is income tax deductible
• EI Recipients and unemployed may be qualified for HRSDC financial assistance
• Courses may be repeated at no additional cost
• Small classes to encourage individual attention and enhance learning experience
• Paid or unpaid Coop available in all program to qualified graduates
• Industry Driven Certifications
• Continuous monthly enrolments to fit your schedule
• Career Counselling, Resume Writing, and Placement Program available
The program provides individuals with knowledge, skills and experience that are essential to succeed as childcare workers and early childcare assistants. The program aims at training individuals who wish to work as Early Childcare Assistants.
Early Childcare Assistants have the opportunity to work and interact closely with children, their parents, child educators, and other childcare providers. They nurture and supervise children and facilitate their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development through a wide range of educational and interactive activities. They also assist in daily operations of childcare centres, thus continuously growing and learning in the process.
Students are required to complete two practicums as part of their curriculum: The first practicum is focused on infant and toddlers while the second practicum is focused on preschool. Both practicums are of 245 hours each. The practicum component of the curriculum provides the student with an opportunity to incorporate classroom theory into a real work situation.
It allows the student the ability to demonstrate, evaluate and refine skills needed by a professional in an early child care environment. It provides a mentorship for the student to observe and interact with other early childhood professionals.
The challenge most business leaders face in these fast and ever-changing times is not only how to optimize, but how to successfully leverage their internal resources - first and foremost among which are their employees. The corporate training department is strategically positioned to extend MLC College’s expertise and experience to help your organization adapt and keep pace with current demands on your internal assets. Our training solutions successfully combine theory with practical exercises, enabling employees to learn current skills and strategies as well as how to apply them effectively on the job. For close to 15 years, we have provided local and regional businesses with customizable corporate training solutions, either in-house or on-site, in the areas of:
- Business Communication
- Business Analysis
- Leadership and Management
- Project Management
Course delivery methods include:
- Interactive group exercises
- Role-play sessions
- Case studies and more
For more information about our corporate training solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org